Tuesday, August 18, 2009

my new favorite craft blog

I have been terrible the past few years about doing any crafts, except occasionally knitting a few inches of the same scarf I've been working on for probably 3 years now. However, that doesn't stop me from falling completely in love with Wee Folk Art. I love their crafts. LOVE. Maybe enough to motivate me, even!



First, I have to finish organizing my house, which is something I usually work at about as often as I knit that scarf. However, we recently got a ton of new shelves, and I think I might actually be able to find a home for everything now... and everything else, I will give away or throw away!

I also need to work on homeschool planning... I know, I know, I am an unschooler... but we are going to be a little more structured this year, which I think Samuel will like. He has been asking to do more "projects". I think he wants more organized activity, so we're going to give it a try. We are going to do Math U See, because he enjoyed the demo video so much, as well as some history and science. More later!

4 comments:

Admin said...

I noticed that as my children have aged, they've craved more structure - my oldest is now 12 an is a voracious learner....I wish I had more energy to keep up with everything she wants to do! (and more $ to do it!)! LOL!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Sorry, that was me - Maria from Unschooling Catholics!

Kimara@weefolkart said...

Thanks for the lovely words. I'm blushing... definitely something lost on the internet! To me crafting is such a release! A way to be creative and freeing up your thoughts to meander at will! We are so glad you found us and hope you stop by often!

WeeFolkMom said...

Like Kimara said, we are so glad that you love WFA!

BTW - If you are looking for a bit more structure for your wee one... have you seen what we did last year on my other blog WeeFolkActivities? I have a gentle harvest curriculum posted with a Waldorf feel you might like for some ideas.