Monday, November 17, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

I think I missed a couple of weeks. Things have been a little busy around here. I suppose it will only get worse, since it's that time of year.

You can see all of this week's posts if you go and visit Peggy!

For Today...

Outside my Window... it is cold! And we have been having snow flurries, which Samuel thinks is great. He wants a gigantic snowstorm and was quite disappointed when I told him it wasn't going to stick.

I am thinking... about Christmas. We've already made a good dent in our shopping, and I think almost everything else is planned and just needs to be ordered. I really wanted to get this out of the way early this year so that we can relax and really enjoy Advent for once - it always seems to fly by.

From the learning rooms... Oregon Trail! Although apparently we need to get started on a history timeline to put things in perspective.

I am thankful for... warmth. A working furnace, a toasty little space heater, warm clothes, hot tea, hot food, a hot bath... these will be my refuge for the next 4 months.

From the kitchen... dh is working (again) so I'll make Samuel and I some pasta to go with the leftover sauce from last week. And I think I'll bake something. I don't know what yet, just something...

I am wearing... long johns, blue jeans, burgundy knit shirt, wool socks, slippers, and a gray fleece robe. I am COLD, people!

I am reading... the Anne of Green Gables series, including Chronicles of Avonlea and More Chronicles of Avonlea. With all the political mess, this has been a nice escape, and I had never read the Chronicles before, despite the fact that I've had them for a couple of years now. LMM was kind of obsessed with the idea of lovers who are kept apart for 20 years and then finally get together. It makes for a nice sappy ending, if you don't think about it too much, but I can't help but think of how many years they wasted! And now they'll never have a family! I know, I know, they are FICTIONAL, but it still bothers me.

I am hoping... and praying that FOCA does not happen.

I am creating... order. I hope.

I am hearing... Samuel making bizarre noises. So, business as usual.

Around the house... it is kinda messy in here. Gotta do something about that.

One of my favorite things... eating pizza in the basement while we watch a movie together. Lately it's been a BBC series on Africa that we got from Netflix (another of my favorite things).

A few plans for the rest of the week... Samuel and I are going to the last week of a museum program on Wednesdays. I'd like to set up a playdate, since it seems like we haven't seen any of our friends lately. Got a bit more shopping to do... other than that we will just try to stay warm. Well, I will. He thinks it's fun to ride his bike in this weather.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

up a tree

4 comments:

A happy heart at home said...

Hi. I enjoyed your daybook. Nice pic. I hope you have a great week!

~Susan

Leonie said...

Very nice pic. We are in spring so I must commiserate with you and the cold!

Crystal said...

You must be cold with all those clothes on!! It's +7 degrees Celsius here today but the wind is blowing a chinook through. Hope your week turns out splendidly!!

P.S. I found you via The Simple Woman!

cinndrella said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com