Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

You can see all of this week's posts if you go and visit Peggy!

For Today...

Outside my Window... a dreary, overcast fall day. Indian summer is over, and fall is here to stay. Now I just wish the leaves would catch up. I am seeing way too much green for this time of year!

I am thinking... that winter will be here before we know it. Fall never seems to last long enough.

From the learning rooms... we are plugging away at Samuel's "Little Stories for Little Folks" books. I know, I know, not very unschool-y. But he actually enjoys it and it is helping him to feel more confident in trying to read things that are unfamiliar to him. Plus, it makes dh feel better.

I am thankful for... life. We should never take it for granted.

From the kitchen... dh is working (I think I only ever do this on nights when dh is working) so probably leftover pasta with alfredo and broccoli for dinner. And, if I get my act together, a cherry apple crisp for when he comes home.

I am wearing... blue jeans, a green T-shirt with 3/4 sleeves, gray socks and navy slippers.

I am reading... more about politics online. I should really stop, as it just gets me mad, but...

I am hoping... and praying for a miracle.

I am creating... a scarf. Still. Someday I'll finish it. Really.

I am hearing... the muted sound of Samuel playing with his friends outside.

Around the house... it is cold in here! And it is going to stay cold until some time in May... that's 7 months from now! Better break out the blankets and sweaters!

One of my favorite things... hot drinks. Coffee, tea, cider, cocoa. I'll need lots to get me through.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Samuel and I are going to a museum program on Wednesday and then we will hopefully get to see a friend from out-of-town. Other than that, we'll probably start staying indoors more, reading more, and trying to keep warm!

No picture this week, I haven't used the camera for a while. The one I can't get out of my mind is over at the top of my sidebar.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I see that you are wearing blue jeans? What? I love your Simple Woman's Daybook. Someday I dream of being a simple woman... you inspire me!

Now to dig out those Little Stories books... I forgot I had those - thanks!

Mrs. C said...

mmmmmm Cherry apple cobbler sounds delicious! :)

Tracy said...

Jennifer, LOL - yes, I do still own blue jeans. Sorry to scandalize you! ;) I don't wear them out unless I am hiking or biking, but I do wear them around the house sometimes.

You should join in the Simple Woman's Daybook! Just go to Peggy's website for the instructions. I don't know that I qualify as a simple woman - but the daybook has been fun to do.

Mrs. C, the cherry apple crisp was wonderful - I'll try to post the recipe sometime today.