Monday, October 06, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

You can see all of this week's posts if you go and visit Peggy!

For Today...

Outside my Window... twilight is fading. I do love autumn, but the shorter days are not my favorite part.

I am thinking... that I want to enjoy every last bit of fall before the real cold sets in.

From the learning rooms... Samuel was fascinated by an orb spider who took up residence near our front door. We got to watch it reweave its web each night and catch insects. It reminded him of Shelob and now he is watching Lord of the Rings.

I am thankful for... the lovely weekend we just spent with my family. We went to the Best of Missouri Market at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. There are so many interesting vendors there, and lots of things to taste - Samuel's favorite part. :)

From the kitchen... dh is working tonight, so something quick and easy... eggs and toast! Scrambled eggs with buttered toast for Samuel, and eggs fried in bread with a hole cut in the middle for me.

I am wearing... blue jeans and a pink T-shirt.

I am reading... Facebook. Yep, just joined. It has been fun to see what everyone's been up to.

I am hoping... to have the will to resist wasting too much time on Facebook.

I am creating... fall crafts. Whoever posted about The Crafty Crow on 4Real: thank you! What a fun website. I made this acorn necklace, which Samuel loves.

look what I made!

And, I am going to try the waxed leaves once we have a better selection here in the next week or two.

I am hearing... the theme of Rohan. (I told you Samuel is watching LOTR!)

Around the house... need to finish putting up the fall decor!

One of my favorite things... a crescent moon on a clear night. (It's not so clear tonight, but last night as we were driving home, it was beautiful.)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... going to visit Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow. Other than that, I just want to get back to a routine, or what passes for one in this house.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

crunchin' the leaves

Took a walk a few days ago, and Samuel kept straying into the gutter to crunch the leaves that had accumulated there. We don't have too many yet, but there will be lots more to come!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love, love, love the acorn necklace. How did you get the crochet to "stick" to the acorn? Glue? I want to make these for the kids!

Tracy said...

Yep, I used glue. Also, next time, I don't think that I would crochet the whole string - just the cap and then a little loop of chain that could be threaded onto a string, cord, etc. They would also look cute as part of a mobile or garland.