Monday, September 15, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

I have been seeing these posts around the blogosphere for some time, and there is something so appealing about these simple reflections. So, I'm a little late, but decided to join the party anyway.

You can see all of this week's posts if you go and visit Peggy!

For Today...
Outside my Window... I know that the harvest moon is there, but I can't see it for all the clouds. :(

I am thinking... that I am so very ready for Autumn!

From the learning rooms... Shawn and Samuel have been doing a math workbook together, since Samuel has been asking us for more math problems.

I am thankful for... a new cell phone, finally!

From the kitchen... dh was not home for dinner, so I indulged Samuel by letting him have parmesan couscous for dinner.

I am wearing... a blue patterned skirt and purple long-sleeved T-shirt.

I am reading... How Children Learn, by John Holt.

I am creating... apple butter. I've never made it before. I'll let you know how it turns out!

I am hearing... They Might Be Giants. :)

Around the house... I finally got caught up on dishes, but managed to break a bowl and a glass (dropped the bowl onto the glass). Oh, well, two less things to wash later.

One of my favorite things... a hot cup of tea on a cool, overcast afternoon.

A few plans for the rest of the week... get this house cleaned up. We are leaving dh all by his lonesome this weekend, and I don't want him to feel like he should spend his time cleaning while we are gone. Except the guinea pig cage. That's all him.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

pumpkin family
Samuel painted this little family of pumpkins that we got at Curtis Orchard. Don't they look nice on our table?

No comments: