Wednesday, September 17, 2008

always listening

When we started praying the election novena before bed at night, I thought we ought to explain to Samuel what it's all about. We hadn't really talked to him about the election, although dh and I have discussed it at length in his presence. So, I was telling Samuel that there are two men running for President, and soon we'll all vote on who we think will be the best one, and he said, "Well, I know which one we're NOT supposed to vote for."

"Oh, really? Which one?"

"Obama."

"Yep, that's right."

"I think I know the name of the other one, too... McCain?"

"Yes. How did you know that?"

"I'm very good at listening, you know."

Very good indeed, except when he's being told what chores need to be done. He apparently learned not only their names, but our opinions as well: there's the Bad One, and the Other One. That pretty much sums it up for me!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Samuel rocks!