Friday, March 14, 2008

I've been

tagged. Okay, here goes. Hmm, five things? Do they have to be interesting things, or just like, I am 5'3", like chocolate, love coffee, enjoy knitting, and hate grasshoppers?

I guess that would be cheating.

1. I was a physics major in college. When I tell people that, they always act so surprised. "Physics? You? Really?" Should I be insulted by that??? ;) While it really didn't take me long to discover that I had no interest in a career in physics, it was fun and I'd like to get back into it more on a hobby level someday. (Not like doing experiments or anything, but just being able to read a scientific article and know what they are talking about!) I'll have to relearn a lot, considering how much I have already forgotten!

2. My husband and I were engaged 4 months after we started dating. We just didn't tell anyone until about 7 months later. We didn't think our parents would believe that we knew what we were doing if they knew how quickly we made that decision. I'm not sure how much the extra 7 months helped, but I think that after almost 9 years, they are on board now. :)

3. When I was pregnant, I didn't know that there were underground homebirth midwives to be found in Illinois, but I really really wanted a homebirth. I fantasized all the time about having such a quick labor that I "accidentally" gave birth at home. Unfortunately, I ended up on the other end of the spectrum, with 55 hours of labor!

4. While I was in the constant nursing phase of new motherhood, I read a LOT. (That was before I discovered internet groups and blogs.) I read everything on our shelves, and finally came to a fantasy book that dh had picked up somewhere and only read a few pages of. I read the whole thing, wasn't terribly impressed, but requested the next from the library anyway, because I needed something to read. Somewhere along the way, I got totally hooked on this series. I am not going to tell you what it is, because there is all sorts of objectionable content that should have made me quit reading it, but by the time I realized that, it was too late and I just had to know the end! Well, by the time I got through the 10th ridiculously long book, I realized that the author had not finished the series, and judging from the later books, had written himself into a corner and was buying time until he figured out what to do! I joked with dh that this guy better not die before he finished the series because he was clearly procrastinating. Well, guess what? HE DIED. No joke, he died last fall, before writing what was supposed to be the last book. And YES, I feel very very bad about joking about his impending death!

5. One of my favorite songs, that I could listen to over and over, was written by.... Eugene Levy. Really. He is the performer, too, with Catherine O'Hara. I never would've predicted that! The song is called
When You're Next To Me and is on the soundtrack of the Christopher Guest folk music mockumentary A Mighty Wind.

Well, that was more work. Not sure if it was more interesting. :) The official rules to this meme:


Link to your tagger and post these rules.
Share 5 facts about yourself.
Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

And now I will blatantly disobey the rules because I hate tagging people. (Ooh, that's like a bonus 6th thing for you!) So, if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!

No comments: