Friday, March 07, 2008

catching up

Wow, I did not realize how long it's been since I posted. February just sort of flew by, since I was barely conscious for about half of it. Yes, our family came down with the Evil Death Flu. I've never been so sick in my life. I am starting to feel human again, finally! Now hopefully all this snow will melt and spring will come and we can start living again!

There was one very sweet moment in the midst of the achy-shivery-feverish haze that we endured. One day when I was huddled in bed, Samuel slipped in as quietly as an almost-seven-year-old boy can manage and came to stand by me. (He hadn't come down with the Evil Death Flu yet.) I think he thought I was sleeping. After a few minutes, he kissed me and then traced a cross on my forehead, before slipping back out again. As awful as the Evil Death Flu was, I think it was worth it just for that.

2 comments:

Modern Matriarch said...

Tag! You're it!

http://tinyurl.com/2m22z9

Kristin said...

We got the Evil Death flu a few years ago. Chris and I spent a week rolling on the floor in agony (literally). I'll never forget how horrible it was!