Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Crunchy Cons

I just read this book, and I LOVE it. It is subtitled: "How Birkenstocked Burkeans, gun-loving organic gardeners, evangelical free-range farmers, hip homeschooling mamas, right-wing nature lovers, and their diverse tribe of counterculteral conservatives plan to save America (or at least the Republican Party)." Okay, so I don't agree with everything in it, but pretty close. If you are tired of conservatives who don't conserve a darned thing except the almighty dollar, this book is for you! When will they learn that preserving family values means not only preserving traditional sexual morality, but also family businesses, family farms, the environment, beauty, old neighborhoods, and everything else that big business plows over? Hopefully a little sooner thanks to Rod Dreher.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh I really want to read that book! Can I borrow it? I am a fast reader! :)

Jen