Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Poxless

I just posted my blog address to my high school ten-year reunion site. Shameless self-promotion, I know. :) If anyone from OTHS comes by for a visit, please leave a comment!

So, I have taken a page from my sister's book and become a lazy slacker when it comes to blogging. (That's one way to see if she's reading my blog!) Remember how like a month ago I posted that I was sick? Well, I feel much better - but I STILL cannot stop coughing! This is getting ridiculous!

Our Lent is going pretty well. I have already managed to get behind on reading the Lenten In Conversation With God prayer book, but will hopefully get caught up today. Hey, at least I made it farther this year than I did in previous years! A few days into Lent, Samuel asked for a book about Lent, so we went to our local Catholic bookstore and got him the little St. Joseph books on Lent and the Way of the Cross. They are very well done, and he has enjoyed reading them a lot. My only complaint is that the Way of the Cross book has the "fifteenth" Station of the Cross, the resurrection. I can't stand when people add things like that. So, I just quit reading after the Fourteenth Station. :)

Today is officially 21 days post-pox exposure. So, apparently Samuel isn't getting it. We may try to re-expose soon, as it is still going around here. We will just have to make sure that he isn't sick for his birthday party, whenever we end up having it. Still working on that one. I feel weird having a big party during Lent, plus he wants to invite a ton of people who will NOT all fit into our house so I'd like to have the party outside - but the weather is still a bit dodgy at the beginning of April. So hopefully he will be okay with postponing the festivities a little bit.

Off to get some work done!

1 comment:

Steve Hunter said...

Hey Tracy, it's Steve Hunter. I'm that crazy guy that led us into some caves right after the Missouri Floods!.
I too had a cough that didn't go away for several months, but eventually, it will.
Motherhood sounds like it's awesome for you, and I am so happy for you. I read a little about the unschooling, and I'll need to look into it more once I get around to having kids. Though it may be several years away for me, I'm looking forward to Fatherhood. The idea of a pox party blows my mind, but it makes sense. My wife is a little micro-phobic, so the idea of purposefully sharing a lolly-pop is madness.
I would request that you add some pictures to your blog, so I can see the updated version of you.
One of these days I'll start my own blog. Till then, feel free to contact me at StevenJHunter@gmail.com